- Minimum of eight (8) years' experience required. The Technical Software Developer must have experience in Python/Bash/PHP/SQL scripting and coding (primarily on the server-side). The ideal candidate will also have a solid background in Linux system packaging. The position will require a candidate who can be successful working in a team centered, fast paced environment. Must have excellent customer service and communication skills. A solid understanding of software engineering is a plus.
- Development of programs and scripts which interface applications. Analytics projects (V performance and behavior). Systems packaging and/or troubleshooting packaging. Maintenance of existing application
- Which technology is most desired, PHP/Python? PHP, Python, Bash. It's mainly website and server-side development in PHP, python server-side dev which glues together small systems (like Zabbix to VMware connections, etc.), and bash for automation needs. 75% of the job will need person knowing how to use PHP with SQL.
- As it this is a coding and dev position, is Redhat Linux Sys Admin required? Job is mainly coding however it is coding specific to a Linux OS. Although programming is essential, Linux background/knowledge is needed.
- Are they looking for a LAMP Developer? Primarily Linux but LAMP is not a bad option
Typical day-to-day could be any or all of the following
- development of programs and scripts which interface applications, analytics projects (vm performance and behavior), systems packaging and/or troubleshooting packaging, and maintenance of existing applications
Skills which might be beneficial:-
- Development, primarily server-side, 2. Linux system packaging, and 3. Foundation in software engineering
- High skill level and experience is required for the following:
- Demonstrated scripting/coding skills (desired: Python, Bash, PHP, SQL). Demonstrated troubleshooting/analytical thinking/decision making skills. Working in a team centered environment and possessing communication, interpersonal, project, problem-solving and time management skills
- Medium skill level and experience is required for the following:
- Knowledge of security model/protocols/practices. Linux system packaging (preferred: RHEL)
- Low skill level and experience is required for the following: